Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nestle Toll House

Ok we all know the famous Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie recipe on the back of the bag..I mean I know it by heart since I make it so often for my husband...But do you know that the recipe we make today is different from the original?

I was reading a cooking blog when I came upon the history of the cookie at all recipies.com. You can read the history here. http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/History-of-Nestle-Toll-House/Detail.aspx

After reading it, I proceeded to read the comment section when one person wrote:

 ATAPJN - "when i was a kid you added a tsp or some small silly amt of water to the batter. I dont know when they changed it but they taste differant to me. I am still searching for that old recipe and i know it was the one right on the bag because it is how i first learned to make choc chip cookies.. "

tree'sa responded:

ATAPJN - I know which recipe you add the water to - It was Ruth Wakefield's original recipe: you dissolve the baking soda in a teaspoon of water before adding to the batter. I found that recipe in a copy of YANKEE magazine a number of years ago with the same history that is printed here and have used it ever since. Tree'sa.
 
 
INTERESTING! Next time I make the cookies I am going to try it and see what happens. I do not know that you could perfect the Toll House CC cookie recipe but if it was there in the begining why change it? I will let you know what I find!
 
 ♥
Rach

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails