Saturday, January 31, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
(he is sitting naked, getting his PJ's on)
"No they only eat bugs and worms, you have nothing to worry about. " I say.
** I had to hold my hand over my mouth to control HUGE amounts of laughter **
** Staight out of the mouth of babes **
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
For my 100th post I want to post something that I have enjoyed reading. This blog is about Stephanie Nielson. She is also a young LDS mother like myself, who loves and enjoys life, but most importantly grasped the true essence of the word joy in her role as a mother. In August 2007 her and her husband were injured and burned badly, 80% all over her body and 30% on his. The pilot instructor passed away shortly after. It is her joy, testimony and whimsical lens to life that made me realize how short life is. Life here on earth is only lived once. May we all strive to have the attitude,testimony, and faith Stephanie lives. Click on the pink button above with the bird and it will take you to her blog. On the right side, there is a blog archive. Start with the earliest entry and read from the beginning... ending with her latest entry.
I guarantee you will not leave with out being touched :).
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
"They require you to be so big" I said. "A certain height or inches."
" How tall do I need to be" Diana asked.
That started a frantic search through the Disneyland website looking at each of the attractions to see what their ride requirements were for riders. She then proceeded to create a chart for each family member and what they could ride (so cute). We then for FHE measured everyone to see how tall they were. Diana 50, Taylor 43, Chloe....I forget right now but somewhere around 37-39?.
Here's the funny part....I have been getting them to eat their meat and Veggies for the past few months because they need their "vitamins and protein" to grow "taller" for Disneyland. LOL!! How horrible is that! (wink wink..... it has worked)
Is this bad???
Now What do I do when I get back.....:)?!? LOL
Licking up all the Chocolaty Goooodness
(Seriously, Chloe looks like a pirate here, winking at me..LOL! )
Yesterday I grabbed my roll of butcher paper and covered my kitchen table for a FUN activity with the kids. I pulled out my chocolate pudding and had the kids finger paint on the butcher paper. Sugar, Chocolate, hands, squishing, deliciousness...What more could you ask for?!?! Seriously, for as messy as it looks, it was easy as one two three to clean up. Just ripped up the paper, wiped a couple of spots up and Ta-DA...spic and span! I hope my kids do not grow up too fast because I will be sad when I can not do this anymore with them ;)
I just love being a MOM!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
(photos courtesy of J.D...thanks...My camera is broken and not coming until tues!)
This weekend while my poor husband had to work again :(, I took the kids to the A. Parks and Rec Juggling Show. The parks and rec schedule several performances a year for children that include Chinese acrobats, magic shows, jugglers. Best of all it is free. On Saturday we went to see the Juggler. He was quite funny and best of all was a great act to watch for all ages. We showed up on time and it was PACKED!!
Taylor's favorite part was when he climbed up the row of swords and juggled 3 swords at the top. I told him "not at home!" When he came home he grabbed his play sword and was trying to juggle it. SO cute! While leaving there was a fountain outside the forum. Chloe leaned over a little to far and "plop" went her shoe. I just had to laugh since I had told her not to get to close ;). She was upset but hey....shoes dry :)!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
1. I love love love planning parties. I get into the whole planning the decorations, theme, accessories...well you get the idea. Now I do not always have the money to do everything I want, but hey that's the whole fun of it, being creative!
2.I am scared of being bored. I have OCD about being busy...ask my mom. I have always been this way. I always am trying something new to learn or do or taking on a new project. I figure its better than just sitting ....SCARY!!
3.Unlike my instructor, I kick people out of beds when sleeping. Every morning when I wake up my husband is hugging the edge of the bed with "very" little covers. I do not know what I am doing when I am sleeping but I guess I am pretty ruthless.
** update now after years of being battered in bed...Mr. N sleeps with a separate blanket so he does not get hypothermia **
4. I have a "LOVE" obsession with onions. If I could eat Red Robins tower of Onion Rings everyday and not be the size of a blimp... I WOULD!
5.My biggest pet peeve is being LIED too!
6.Someday when my children are grown or older, I am going to go back to school and get a masters in Nursing so I can become a midwife and deliver LOTS of babies.
7. I want to buy an old Victorian home along the seashore or in the country with my husband when we are in retirement.
8.I am a science nerd. I love watching science medical shows on TLC or dateline specials.
9. Do not wake me up when sleeping. I am extremely CRABBY! I will bite your head off. Sad but true.
10. I love serving people. "When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are in the service of your god."
11. I LOVE HOME IMPROVEMENTS! I am not scared in this dept. I am the one going to home depot and reading the Home Improvement books. Some of the guys at home depot know me and my kids name. There is something about ripping out the old and rebuilding that is extremely gratifying. I have fixed Garbage disposals, dishwashers, huge holes in the wall, textured, painted, weather proofed my home....very fun for me because my house is like one "huge" craft project.
12. I do not mate my socks. I have a huge sock box in my bedroom that everyone goes to to find socks. Some day I will mate them all and when I do I will throw a sock hop in honor.
13. I have lots of Ideas to write children's books. Now I just need to sit down and write one!
14. Cooking is an adventure for me but baking is where my passion is in the kitchen.
15. I mooned a car full of missionaries once on accident. True story!
16. Out of all the guys I dated or went on dates with, I only ever dated one white guy. Weird but true. ** who would have guessed I would have married an Asian?!? **
17.I have a weird thing about my socks. I have to have the seam at the end. Sorry but i just bugs me?!?!!
18.When you get me started on a project I seem to have tunnel vision and forget all else! This can be bad and good, its all on how you look at it.
19. A good friend to me is someone who truly listens. I have been blessed in this department. Yow know you are ;)
20. I despise people who are clicky! I do not like to leave people out. My whole life I love to befriend those who are in the shadows. They are the ones who truly need a friend and who have become some of my best friends. There is no need ever to leave a fellow sister along the wayside!!
21. One of my favorite moments as a mother is watching my newborn baby sleep in my arms early in the morning when everyone else is sleeping. It is experiencing a little piece of heaven on earth!
22. I love making dinner for other people. DO not ask me why but I DO!! I just love the look on their face and how it makes them feel. I know personally, and you know who you are...there are some dinners that were brought to me on nights I really needed them.
23. I have been blonde (i mean blonde!!), red hair, red-purplish hair (The YW loved that one....I was the cool leader), black (for one week, not good), dark brown, light brown, auburn, ok....pretty much the whole color AISLE!!
24. Relief society. Ahhh, what can I say. I was in primary for 5 years and YW for 2 1/2. I forgot what I was missing. I love the sisters!
25. I am in shock that my daughter is going to be 8. She is now in SENIOR primary at church. I have been truly blessed by this little girls sweet spirit. Diana rose I love you and am proud beyond measure!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
There is still an insurmountable amount of hatred in this world but today this gave me hope that one day all individuals will realize that all men are entitled to the freedom this country grants us. Let freedom ring!!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
This weekend we had the privlage of having my "sister" down here to visit. She is the guardian of our three children or A.K.A godmother. While she was down here we were able to take the kids and her bowling. It had been a couple of years since I had taken the kids bowling but it was a lot of fun to see them attempt at this. Believe it or not Chloe, our youngest beat the other two....who knew?!? We put up the bumpers and had a ramp that they would roll their bowling balls down onto the lane. Chloe was the cutest. She would yell, go ball-go. Our friend, K, beat up the whole fam by talling up a score of 144! Way to go Auntie K! We love you! Come back and visit soon :)
Saturday mornings are the day for pancakes, whip cream, sticky buns, omlets, bacon, sausage, muffins, hashbrowns....ok you get the point....we LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast food on the weekend. Well since church is at the blessed hour of 9am we do our large brunches on Saturday mornings now. I pick out a helper and they get to help me in the kitchen with all of the wonderful cooking.
Saturday morning we decided to use my FABULOUS griddle my mother gave me for christmas (seriously for a family of 5, I can not believe I did not have one of those sooner!) to make mickey mouse pancakes, bacon, and eggs. I love this picture of chloe because she was right up there helping me cook (cough Cough, I mean eat all of my pancakes ;) !
I love this girl! She from the begining has been my little fire bean. She loves helping her mommy cook and especially stir! I love you Chloe! One day will be a wonderful chef ;)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
So we have been a little busy as usual around here and I realized that I had not posted my Christmas pictures on my blog yet. Yikes and It is already Jan 8th!! We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We stayed in A. this year for our first Christmas just as our little family. We read the Christmas story with the children and had them put on a little pagent complete with my bathrobe, keiths work shirt and lots of other props :). We then had the kids each give three gifts of service to the savior as his birthday presents. After that we made a white birthday cake to celebrate his birth (very fun for the kidd-o's). It was so cute to see them so excited to talk about the savior and his birth.
In previous years Keith and I felt that we had focused to much on santa and not on the savior so this year we focused on the birth of Jesus Christ and heard very little of the big red guy. It was a wonderful Christmas season filled with LOTS-O baking, friends, family and the spirit.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Diana has become so comfortable with the water and is almost there in completeing her requirements for level 1. She was floating and bobbing under the water with less hesitation than last time. YEAH!
Taylor of course enjoyed getting onto the float board and splashing. Being a boy, he goes straight for the more desirable parts of lessons like jumping into the pool, and playing with the pool toys....not learning how to kick properly. ;)
I am so grateful for this great program near by! It has made me want to start swimming again! We as a family mainly go swimming together in the summer at our local swim parks. We should go more often though as it would be good for my husband (he does not like swimming) and my kids!! Lessons were a wee bit hetic though because my husband is coaching the YM basketball team..."Go three lakes ward" and has youth mutal afterwards. So needless to say I am taking my kid train and the swim tub with me to the pool all by myself :)
Friday, January 2, 2009
Taylor: Pss mom!
Me: Yes :)
Taylor: Did you know you are SOOO beautiful. (hugs) I love you.
Me (heart melts): Thank you Taylor. Ahhh (hugs) I love you so much.
Taylor: I know! You should thank god for sending me!
** Straight out of the mouth of babes **
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Enjoy! (It was not possible to include everything of course as there was 2000 pictures from 2008!!)