Thursday, December 31, 2009

My mom will love this one.......

When I was little, and I do not think I am alone here, on Christmas Eve, I would wake up, plugging the Christmas tree back in to sit and adore the LOOT that had miraculously showed up under the family tree. I would then go check out my stocking ever so quietly to see what I had been blessed with and then meticulously put each item back in its place. After an hour or two I would then tip toe back to my bedroom not before I glanced back at the beautiful sight landing warm in my bed only to wake up a short while later for Christmas to begin.


Not much has changed.


I still do this....

much to my husbands dismay.


He gets quite flustered at my "Peeking" skills.


Oh well....

It is quite peaceful on Christmas eve when you sit warm on your couch to watch the Christmas lights with warm cocoa in hand.....
......anticipating not your own anymore but the light you will get to see in your childrens eyes in a short few hours. Christmas is so magical for a child and I am lucky to have seen it three times this year in each of my childrens eyes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails