Thursday, November 3, 2011

Giving thanks


Nothing is impossible for the word itself says's "I'm possible!"
- Audrey Hepburn

From today until Thanksgiving I wanted to write down what I am thankful for because I have been blessed beyond measure in my life. Oh yes there are crappy things that happen but in the big picture of life I am blessed and those trials start to look small when you look at what is really important. Today I start out on this journey of gratitude to reflect, ponder and learn more about what I can give back.  Feeling gratitude for our blessings is only half the equation.  It is giving back, digging deep within ourselves to see what we can offer is what really brings ones complete gratitude and peace in this life.  

Since it is November 3 I will write three "gratitude's."

1. My parents.  Ah yes. With out their love and support many of my goals and ambitions would have never come to reality in my life. It is with that, I was able to succeed in college, have a mentor when I needed it and the most obvious; their love. Their love gave me a good foundation from which I could learn and grow.



2. My Trails - Our trials in life are an opportunity to gain perspective, gaining a better understanding on a subject we might not have learned had we not been given that trial to bear. With out my trials I would not be who I am. Each event changed me, giving me the opportunity to choose the better path.  No I am not perfect and some of my trials are self inflicted BUT each one taught me more about me; giving me an opportunity to turn to the Lord.  Trials are not fun but if we have the right attitude they can be blessings in disguise.

3.The beauty of the Pacific NW - I have pretty much been an Oregonian my whole life minus the three years I lived in Utah from birth to three years old. The lushness of the NW and its rain brings a way of life I have become accustom to. I relish in it and the beauty that surrounds the tranquility it brings to its landscapes. I honesty would miss it if we ever had to move (not planning on that anytime soon!).

So there you have it!
What are your gratitude's?

Rach

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails