Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sisters and trails

I guess I missed yesterday....
I came home and enjoyed my kiddos after a beautiful trail run!


So for day five I would like to say I am grateful for trail running.

I'd never run on a trail over three miles.  Yesterday I had the wild chance to run 13.1 on the Silver Creek trails. It turned out to be one of those "Ahh" moments where you discover a secret passion that excites you all over again about your favorite hobby.
Running in the NW not only provides endless beauty but being able to run about waterfalls and the breathtaking views of Silver Falls State park was a blessing. I am grateful for not only a great friend from church to run with me (THANKS T.) but the health and strength to do so. Four weeks before I had run the Portland marathon with my friend A. To add to this craziness I decided oh why not sign up for a Halloween half marathon the weekend before....yeah....it's true.

But in all its craziness I discovered something new about myself.  I am thankful for that! Life is too short to not discover new passions and open doors just waiting for us to open them.


For day six I want to say I am thankful for my sister.


Never a day goes by that I do not pinch myself for finding that "bosom friend." - Anne of Green Gables

Love ya girl!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails