Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ANNOUNCING Tasty Tuesdays






For all of those who know me, I LOVE to cook and bake. I do not always find the time to bake and cook every day but when I do cooking relaxes me and becomes an adventure on what I can create next. (Attention - not all cooking experiences come out good.....cooking bisquick on top of day old spaghetti noodles does not make a great casserole. I learned that the hard way as a newlywed. Needless to say I still can not live that one down from my husband! But I don’t blame him as it was atrocious and gooey, not in a good way...LOL)


So sorry...I tend to go off on tangents. Every Tuesday I want to share my tasty treats. Some weeks it may be a casserole or a soup or just good ol' sweets to tempt your naughty side.
So for your first TASTY TUESDAY I want to introduce you to my FRESH Blueberry muffins


Blueberry Muffins

1 3/4 cups flour 1 beaten egg
1/3 cup sugar 3/4 cup milk
2 tsp. baking powder 1/4 cup melted butter or cooking oil
1/4 tsp. salt 1tsp. shredded lemon peel or juice (optional)

1 heaping cup of frozen or fresh blueberries

In one bowl combine all of the dry ingredients while in another bowl whisk all of the wet ingredients together. Next pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients stir until moisten. Next gently add blueberries and lemon peel (optional).
Next top blueberry muffins with streusel topping (combine 3 TBSP of flour, 3 TBSP of Brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. Next cut in 2 TBSP of butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
Next bake them in the oven for 15-18 minutes @ 400.
** Fun option for the kids is to make these mini muffins and have them top each muffin with a blackberry or a blueberry.... Saturday favorite here! **


1 comment:

jebandjenn simpson family said...

They sound delicious!! Maybe we will have to make these bad boys for Saturday breakfast. I look forward to see what else you add for recipies-I know I could always use different ideas. I always get stuck in a rut..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails