Hello to all. I started this blog a year ago but never did anything with it other than post once and then put it far away somewhere I would never remember it until I had a free moment the other day and thought...hmm maybe I will go and find out where that blog went and where I started it.So there ya go. Poof ... with a little magic we are back again in business for your viewing pleasure.
I am not even going to try and catch up on posts from the past year other than to name my top ten events of the past year for the Nye FAMILY...... (Drum roll please) The ten from 2007 - current 2008 are....
1. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE - For the longest time since was a little girl. I have always dreamed of owning a house that I could call ALL my own. Well after a little work and many blessings we were able to buy a house. Now by any account I can testify this was not my dream home (hello poop brown house with mint green trim...what were they thinking!) but that this house needed us and we needed it. I know that sounds weird but after much prayer from the lord and the wonderful ward we moved into it truly was meant that we were supposed to be here at this time and in this ward. And although I did not get my 4-5 acres with a farmhouse I know that this little home will bring with it memories and dreams come true.
2. Chloe got ear tubes - Chloe since she was a little baby from 4 weeks old until 16 months had an ear infection in both ears that never left. Finally after many months of our baby girl suffering she had ear tubes placed in both ears. In her first year if life she did not speak much and still today she has a hard time with pronouncing her words. We have a long way to go but our baby girl has come a long way.
3. Taylor went to Pre-school - Last year was an incredible year of growth for my son socially and academically. At CHS (which by the way if you live in Corvallis I highly recommend as the students are great with your children and the curriculum Kristen Hacketthorn teachers is a fantastic laid back atmosphere kids feel comfortable to grow academically and socially) Taylor was able to attend with his two best friends Landis and Gabriel. We had a carpool schedule and the boys became the best of buddies. During the year Taylor made one great friend with a teacher and that was teacher Chris. Chris really reached out to Taylor and worked with him where he needed. Ahh, I sigh as I think that my baby boy is now 4; learning and growing up more and more each day.
4. Diana learned how to play the violin - What an incredible opportunity to have my daughter to take lessons. When I was living in Klamath Falls growing up I was in the strings program. Mr. Monet was my teacher and the fond memories I have of Violin Concerts brings back many memories I was able to have because of that chance to play an instrument. Playing an instrument in my opinion is great for a Childs mind when they are young because of different array of skills it teaches a child. I watched Diana go to her first lesson and by the end of the year was able to play a few songs. Way to go girl!
5. We took the kids camping last summer for the first time (fourth of July and in August 07) -Now when I made the arrangement s to go camping last summer I was a little scared as we had taken Diana camping when she was younger but had not done it since that time. Fast forward to 07 and we had the chance to go. On the fourth of July we went with our friends the smiths and the kids godmother and my dear friend, Karina. The kids were great and we all really did have a fantastic time roasting hotdogs and marshmallows, putting up the tent, hiking and etc. August was even better as we did not have the time crunch we had on the fourth and were able to really able to relax and gain a few pds from all the good food we were able to eat over the fire :).
The top ten will continue at a latter post....so keep a look out! Hopefully we will be able to keep up with this blog because I really have the goal for myself to keep a better record of our family lives. I loved it when someone commented in Relief Society this last Sunday stating that keeping a blog is like journaling. That right there made perfect sense to me as it keeps me in touch with others and I am also able to keep my families family history all on one place!