Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas "Storybook Land"

For the last 30 some years Christmas Storybook Land has enchanted all ages of the young at heart. In A. Volunteers gather every year to create an inside Christmas wonderland to look like an enchanted forest with Christmas trees, lighted displays, Train displays, ending up at the big old guy from the north pole, Santa himself. The whole experience is free, with donations of canned foods stressed for those less fortunate. I hope it goes on next year as no one is stepping up to take over it for next year. A project too big for me right now in my life but If my kids were in high school something I would definitely find fun to volunteer for. Many children would be saddened if this tradition could not be carried on for A. Here are some pictures of the family in Storybook Land. Our kids LOOOOVED the train displays. Taylor told me..."mom I want this train for christmas." I just laughed and smiled.














No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails