Monday, December 15, 2008

Run Run Run, I am the gingerbread man

Yum-O. What is that smell coming from my kitchen? Why yes it is. Homemade Gingerbread with molasses, brown sugar and butter of course.

Every year in our home at Christmas timeit is a tradition to make a gingerbread house. This year instead of those kits (that are NASTY and who knows how many months ago it was baked) or graham crackers we went with the homemade route and baked our own. Since we were stuck inside due to FRIGID, ICY weather outside it was the perfect day to bake. The kids had fun cutting out the house and Gingerbread men. Chloe's Gingerbread man did not make out so well. She bit off his leg and arm...LOL. Keith said "I do not even want to know how much sugar she just consumed." I said "well I sure do. I will see it tomorrow in her diaper!" :)

The house turned out cute. Each of us are standing around the house. Keith has a sword and sheild in his hand to guard our house! :)
Here are some pictures of us decorating and the final product of our hard work.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails