Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis the Season to be busy

I do love you all it is just that we have been busy with planning Christmas Enrichments, swimming lessons, vt, putting up christmas lights, exercise classes, Christmas Caroling with the Girl Scouts, cooking for and attending our ward christmas party and the list could serisouly go on and on and on.

As the new enrichment leader of my ward I had the pleasure of planning our Christmas progressive dinner. It turned out FANTASTIC. We had great attendance and had the pleasure to be treated to yummy appetizers, gourment soups, music, and speakers. At the end I gave each of the sisters in the ward a plaque with a picture of Christ. I felt that not each sister in our ward has a picture of the savior in her home and that we all need that reminder that Christmas is all year long. It was a night to be reminded of our savior Jesus Christ, the miracle of his birth and life. The spirit was VERY strong that night, especially when the sisters ended the night caroling in Sister C's home. I was very appreciative of all of the sisters that helped, it was a wonderful night because of their service.

I am very proud of my girl Scouts. Last meeting My co-leader M and I had the girls decorate Christmas cards for people at the Mennonite Nursing Home. On tuesday we had the girls practice Christmas Carols and then drove them to the Nursing home where they sung carols to them over dinner and handed out the cards. It was neat to see the Girls out of there element. This was a chance for them to serve there community. Service builds the character of an individual and I hope these girls remember the smiles they brought to those lonley grandma and grandpas this Christmas season. One cute lil old lady kept saying "Merry Christmas" to the girls and giving them hugs. I just love Christmas!

I could blog about each of these but I would be here for the next hour and as much as I love you all I want to you to have a Merry Christmas and know I cheerish my family time this time of year so If you do not see me on here awhile please know I am making sugar cookies, reading stories, drinking hot cocoa with marshmallows and all of those gooooood things that come the Christmas season. Take care and MEEEERRRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails