Friday, October 9, 2009

An apple a day keeps the doctor away


The leaves changing colors. The crisp fall air. Pumpkins, gourds, corn adorning the doorsteps of peoples homes. The smell of cinnamon and cloves drifting from the oven. Yes its fall and to me that means red, crisp apples! Between soccer games one saturday, the grandparents came along with us to go apple picking. We met up with some friends as well at our favorite apple orchard and grabbed our buckets and started picking away. We picked over 70 pds! Gala's were my favorite table apple but the melrose apples we picked will go to my canned applesauce.




Taylor and Chloe



Chloe helping dad


"R" picking apples with her cute "apple" shirt

" M" family




Taylor running up and down the orchard


Diana driving in the orchard.....watch out!!



My mother and father in law


I let my kids roam the farms in the summer and fall picking berries, beans, corn, apples, nectarines, peaches. I think it is good for a child to learn where their food comes from. It helps them make healthier eating decisions and teaches them when they are young how important good food is. The fresher the better!

1 comment:

BluBabes said...

Thanks for the apple pie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails