Thursday, September 30, 2010

What I do for the ones I love

I love baking.

I ESPECIALLY love making homemade desserts.....particularly cheesecakes.

They are a small glimpse into heaven....
I think to myself if there is no cheesecake in heaven I do not know what I will do...
Have a long chat with God on that one.

I played around in the kitchen last night and came up with this beauty.

White chocolate / Chocolate Marscapone Cheesecake with a chocolate crust.

Yes you heard me.....
Doesn't it sound divine??

Heres the facts for you!
White/ Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake


Serves 12

Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust


1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs

½ cup sugar

¼ cup baking cocoa 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Mix all the ingredients in your food processor. Oil your spring form pan and press crust evenly into pan.

2 packages of 8oz cream cheese
 1 ¾ cups sugar
16 ounces mascarpone cheese
1 tsp mexican vanilla
6 eggs

7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
4 ounces of white chocolate melted

============================================



For the filling, preheat the oven to 350

degrees. Beat the cream cheese, sugar and

vanilla in a mixing bowl until light and

fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally, Add

the mascarpone cheese and beat until

blended. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing

well after each addition.

Combine ½ of the cream cheese mixture

with the chocolate in a bowl and mix well.

Add the the white chocolate to the plain mixture and mix well.
Spread the chocolate mixture in the prepared

pan and top with the remaining white chocolate cream

cheese mixture. Gently fold the 2 filling

layers together with a spoon to create a

marbleized effect. Bake in a water bath for 1

¾ hours. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

Chill for 8 to 10 hours before serving.

Unfortunatly my nine year old could not wait any longer and nibbled around the crust......




Sigh.....It was so pretty before this....I was going to drizzle homemade caramel over it with chocolate shavings.

Kids.....They always get caught red handed!

I made the cheesecake to celebrate dad coming home from his business trip......
I guess he will just have to deal.


Rach

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails